Sunday 26 August 2007

In the Garden

We had our usual evening wander last night and this morning got up to a lovely day - sun shining, light breeze, birds on the bird table, lovely.

The boss decided he wanted to have a lie-in; he likes to watch a TV programme at 9 am on Sundays so Sue and I put the kettle on and went out with our back pack (my water bottle, some bits and pieces and so on) and sauntered around on our Sunday morning ramble.

It is pleasing to see how many people have been out in the garden since the rains went away.

When we got home and had had some breakfast, SHE decided to do a bit of gardening! Just when we had settled down for a few minutes with the paper too!

Anyway, thankfully she just did a bit of tidying up and trimming some shrubs that are taking over. They are thinking of getting a garden bench to go under the trees so some more gardening is called for apparently! Hey ho, never a minutes peace.

THEN - to my horror - she suddenly reminded me that she had promised me a bath today if it was less breezy than yesterday. Flipping heck! Oh well, if I co-operate and don't mumble she gets on with it. I stand on the path and she gets two buckets of warm water and a flannel and some shampoo - and she dilutes the shampoo, wets my coat and then pours the stuff on. I pretend I hate it but actually it feels quite nice !!! She massages me - the best bit of course! - and then rinses me off and then I have to pretend it is awful again - we chaps have to let them think we are not standing for this prissy nonsense you know.

Thenl the worst bit; she TOWELS me to dry me! I don't like towelling; she's now got some special things she bought at Crufts; they look like big wash leathers and they blot up the moisture or some such ridiculous nonsense. Acutally, seemed to work but don't tell her for goodness sake ......

No comments: